About Me

My photo
Victoria, BC, Canada
I believe that makeup changes like our moods and how we feel is how we choose to express ourselves. The best part about my job is helping a client feel beautiful and confidant. My style is Fresh, Flawless and Naturally You. I am a Victoria based Makeup Artist specializing in the fields of Bridal, Boudoir and Editorial.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

MAD MEN and Babes

It finally happened again.. I got back in front of a camera and I have to say it was pretty awesome.. Since becoming a mom I don't get a ton of time for these sorts of things. Weddings keep me busy and are my away time from Georgia..No complaining but I guess I didn't realize how nice it was to turn off my brain and pose.. 
Other than my maternity shoot I haven't been in front of the camera in a year+..
We met at Sarah's store while in Port Alberni, as Sarah held Georgia I got to playing around with all of her amazing vintage outfits..Came across the green dress and from that moment the shoot was created. With the help of all three of us Lisa, Sarah and myself we put together two amazing outfits right down to the shoes.
We shot at sunset which I have now learned is the best time for lighting and as we finished Russ and Georgia showed up and I got a few STUNNING photos of my little family.. I'm so lucky to have such a talented friend who gives me memories for a life time. I can't wait to get those developed and start my very fist Ophelia Album.

Since this was a 60's inspired shoot I decided to keep the makeup clean, contoured, soft and beautiful. Women in the 60's were very detailed, tailored and done up. 


Thanks again Sarah for allowing us to ransack your store to get all the right pieces..I can't wait for my next visit!! 
Sarah Williams at GT Antiques (250) 723-9288 4943 Argyle St, Port Alberni, BC or visit her online at her Etsy Shop , Adorn Atelier and Facebook.







1 comment:

  1. just beautiful ..you girls did a wonderful job!!!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know your thoughts or questions, thanks for sharing!